Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Brand haiku

By Kaylene Riemen

A few weeks ago, I came across Aaron Strout’s blog post encouraging fellow marketing bloggers to write odes in haiku form to commemorate recent brand experiences. Although I’m a little late to the game, I decided to try my hand, and couldn’t stop at just one!


Haiku 1: Eddie Bauer

Before the onset of my first winter in Chicago, I told my grad school friends that I was going to search out the biggest, puffiest, warmest down coat to help me withstand the ungodly cold and wind. And I recently found it at eddiebauer.com--the Yukon Classic Down Duffle Coat, which has been tested to minus 30 degrees Fahrenheit! The fact that it makes me look like the Michelin Man quickly became a nonissue:


Made for the Artic.

Warmest Ed Bauer goose down--

Vanity forgot.


Haiku 2: Don Ayres Honda

Don Ayres Honda in Fort Wayne, Ind. worked on my dented car last week (my fault--I was driving distracted, i.e., talking on my mobile phone when I rear-ended another car). Not only was my car ready two days ahead of the promised time, it looks brand new!


Pronto service at

Don Ayres Honda. My fender

bender is erased.


Haiku 3: Target

I know I’m not the only one with this problem! (Confession: Before becoming a debt-laden grad student, I found it hard to spend less than $100 at Target.)


Wants and needs converge

within Target’s aisles. Can’t spend

less than 50 bucks!


Get in on the fun and share your own brand haiku in the comments! Remember, haiku consists of three lines: five syllables, seven syllables and five syllables respectively.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

I love Heinz ketchup
Squirted all over my French fries
It's like fry frosting.

Anonymous said...

Jittery Joe's brew
energizes me to shop
the bargains await

Wilmayxi042 said...

It was great to see that you had an awesome climb up to what we use to call the stairway to heaven. I am from Ahuimanu originally. It is the valley located north of Haiku. When I was growing up the state government never use to allow anyone to hike through the protected forest reserves due to the rare and almost extinct Hawaiian plant life.

Post a Comment